Chart: Fannie Mae 3.5% Mortgage Bond (Friday Apr 20, 2012)
The economic calendar this week will give the investor a broad view of the U.S. economy…but the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting will be front and center in the minds of investors. Here's a break down of what to watch:
- Consumer Confidence will be released on Tuesday…with Consumer Sentiment set to be delivered on Friday.
- Also on Tuesday, New Home Sales for March will be released, followed by Pending Home Sales for March on Thursday.
- On Wednesday, Durable Orders - which are products that are supposed to last at least three years - will be released.
- Initial Weekly Jobless Claims will be released on Thursday. The number of new claims has been steadily rising in the past month, which is not a good sign for the labor markets. So all eyes will once again be on this report.
- On Friday, the first reading on Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the first quarter of 2012 will be announced.